Although Avast VPN is one of the most popular antivirus solutions, it doesn’t mean that no one is going to compete with it. While the digital market is growing, more and more talented players show up in this VPN game. For example, let’s take a look at NordVPN, a service provider from Panama that offers a wide array of security features and a huge network of servers.
Today, we are going to compare Avast VPN vs NordVPN to find out which app is better.
We all want to save money when it comes to shopping for VPNs. However, when it comes to money, both VPN services are quite affordable, however, there is a difference.
- Avast VPN: it has three different options to fit the needs and preferences of every user. Overall, you can buy a subscription for one year for $4.99 monthly, and if you are planning to use it for two or three years, it will be cheaper: just $3.99 every month.
- NordVPN: this provider also offers three different options, but their duration varies widely. NordVPN has a plan for only one month. It is the most expensive one — $11.95. If you decide to buy a subscription for 6 months, it will cost $9.99 per month. The 2-year subscription requires $3.71 per month.
As you see, Avast is slightly better.
This is probably one of the important aspects, as the more servers you can access, the more freely you can feel on the Internet.
- Avast VPN: it has just 100 remote servers in more than 34 locations, and it is a relatively small number.
- NordVPN: they offer more than 5000 servers in 59 countries.
Obviously, we have a winner in this category, and it is NordVPN.
Nowadays, many people have not one, but several devices that require a VPN. And in most cases, all these gadgets have various operating systems. Therefore, your VPN app should be able to operate on all platforms.
- Avast VPN: it can work with the most well-known operating systems, including Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android. However, it doesn’t offer any options for Linux users.
- NordVPN: this app provides VPN services on various devices, even less common. It is compatible with Mac, iOS, Windows, Android and supports such platforms as Firefox and Chrome.
As you see, NordVPN looks a bit attractive here.
If you have questions about VPN services, or you experience problems while using any particular apps, you can contact the customer care team. Let’s compare the Avast VPN and NordVPN in this regard.
- Avast VPN: you can get help via phone 24/7, plus there are a forum and knowledge base. Sadly, but they don’t offer a live chat.
- NordVPN: there is a live chat that works 24/7. And they also have a wide array of tutorials and instructions to help customers solve the issues on their own.
In this category, it is a draw.
Both Avast VPN and NordVPN are trustworthy services that are worth your attention. NordVPN looks a bit better, as it has more helpful characteristics and offers more servers to choose from.